No Notice Received on Possible Delay to $14 Billion U.S. Arms Sale
Posted on 2026-05-22 20:08:13
Taiwan's government says it has not received any notice that a planned 14-billion U-S dollar arms sale to the island has been put on hold.
The response came after acting U.S. Navy Secretary Hung Cao told a Senate committee in Washington that some foreign military sales were being delayed to ensure the U.S. military has enough munitions for the war involving Iran.
His comments followed remarks earlier this week by U.S. President Donald Trump who questioned continued arms sales to Taiwan ... after his state visit to China last week.
Cao said the sales would resume when the administration believes conditions are appropriate.
Taiwan presidential spokesperson Karen Kuo said authorities are aware of the reports, but so far have received no information from Washington about any changes to the proposed arms package.
Customer Service Hotline: 02-8522-7177 | Email: icrtclub@icrt.com.tw Customer Service Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM nternational Community Radio Taipei 19-5F, No. 5, Sec. 3, New Taipei Blvd., Xinzhuang Dist., New Taipei City 24250