CGA probes videos suggesting illegal landing by Chinese man
Posted on 2025-05-20 08:13:13
Coast Guard Administration says it's investigation two videos uploaded by a Chinese national who claims to have illegally entered Taiwan in the north coast area in a rubber dinghy.
The statement comes after the videos appeared on X.
They show the man sailing a rubber dinghy while speaking with a Chinese accent, with China's national flag visible in the background.
He is later seen on a beach, where he plants the flag in the ground.
The man claims to have sailed solo from a beach near Fuzhou Changle International Airport last Thursday, landed in Taiwan the same day, and then returned to China.
A G-P-S screenshot shown at the end of one video indicates a location along the coast of Taoyuan's Dayuan District.
Coast Guard Administration Director-General Xie Qing-qin says preliminary analysis has ruled out video forgery, but the man did not appear dehydrated or sunburned - conditions typically expected after such a journey.
According to Xie, his office has requested assistance from the National Immigration Agency and the Ministry of National Defense, and is reviewing nearby C-C-T-V footage to verify whether the man actually entered Taiwan and whether he received any help inland.
The videos are each under 40 seconds in lenght and had earlier appeared on Douyin - but were later removed.
Customer Service Hotline: 02-8522-7177 | Email: icrtclub@icrt.com.tw Customer Service Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM nternational Community Radio Taipei 19-5F, No. 5, Sec. 3, New Taipei Blvd., Xinzhuang Dist., New Taipei City 24250